Friday 26 September 2008

Bloodrayne 2 - Deliverance


Rayne is half human and half vampire - a beautiful but brutal vampire slayer.
In this movie by Uwe Boll the town of Deliverance has been taken over by Billy The Kid and his bunch of vampire outlaws. Billy (played Zack Ward) plans to populate the Wild West with the wildest bunch of killers.
Rayne (Natassia Malthe) sets out with Pat Garrett (Michael Pare) to bring law and order back to the town.
Bloodrayne is based on the computer game - but though I enjoyed the first Bloodrayne movie mainly because it included elements of the game.
However, in number 2, and setting the story in the west I wasn't sure of I was watching a spoof. Natassia Malthe certainly has presence but she is not Sharon Stone.
At the end of the movie Garrett asks Rayne where she was going and she replies: 'Tombstone. I hear there's a bunch of vampires down there called the Clantons.' Garrett replies: 'I think you'll find that a feller called Wyatt Earp has that situation under control'.
Yeah - well.
The director Uwe Boll seems to have a habit of turning computer games into movies - good, bad and indifferant. Probably, in time, he will have a cult following.
On the plus side was the sountrack, obviously influenced by Ennio Morricone, written by Jessica De Rooij.
Not on my recommend list - but may be of interest to someone.

3 comments:

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Ray

As a fellow black horse writer I'd like to do a question/answer session on my blog. I've done this with a couple of black horse scribes - chaps and howards.

Emails me off blog at garydobbs@hotmail.co.uk if you'd be interested.

Clair D. said...

I was always tempted to see Bloodrayne, but video game based movies rarely do well (IMO.) But she is one heckuva butt-kicking female. My kinda girl. =)

Ray said...

On the whole I agree with you but Resident Evil has done well. Silent Hill wasn't bad but would have been better had they stuck to the game script so I'll be interested in what they do with the sequel.
The first Bloodrayne movie is better than the second one as the game storyline is recognisable.